Sunday, October 23, 2011

Young life.



So lately, a tragedy has befallen our little closely connected almost secluded North Ogden city. A very charming and illuminous girl was lost. I never really knew her that well, but still, somehow I feel like I did, and every news story, every video, every article has kept me on edge ever since this whole thing started. "bring her home," they said. And it happened, slowly and sadly, but news came. I've just been thinking a lot, about how one life can affect the lives of so many. It, obviously, affects the person who has committed such a horrendous and dastardly act, friends and family, and close friends and family, acquaintances even. Like, just look at me. I have tons of friends that were very good friends with this beautiful girl,and they're weeping endlessly over her loss. And at the same time, as I see how many lives she touched, how many smiles she made blossom, it makes me incredible sad to know that I never got the chance to meet her. And it makes me think. Have you ever asked yourself the question, "who would really come to my funeral?" because I seem to ask myself it all the time. On the surface, most everyone would say, "my close friends and family." but what most people don't ever think of, is the other people. People whos lives you touched, without effort, even. Peoples who's lives you made a great impact on, without ever knowing that you did. And finally, it really makes me have a different view on my life, and makes me know that, when I do have problems, or think I'm going through extreme trials and tribulations, I DO have people that smile down on me, that love me, that care. And so do you. So does everybody in this world, whether they think it or know it or not. And another thing about these situations is to reevaluate your priorities in life. You know, maybe you aren't showing your mom how much you care, or how much your friend means or meant to you. Because honestly, no one in this world will ever know what is going to happen. I would say to just say. Because almost always, when people leave this earth, many friends and family wish they'd have said more to that person, because they never did. So my advice? Is to give advice. Is to talk. Is to laugh with. Is to smile and joke with. As many people as you can before they go, or before you go, because I know how it feels to be on the side of the story of regret and sorrow, with my late, sweet, honest, caring, intelligent, beautiful friend Abbey. So i know how it feels to have felt a stronger loss than most. Its almost like you lose double, because you lost the friendship, and then friend. Or something along those lines. Rest in paradise you both.<3

No comments: